Collecting Back Child Support

Watch this video to learn about collecting back child support in Georgia. Then call Hall & Navarro for a legal consultation and case evaluation.


How do I collect back child support?


I got a call the other day from a lady who had not received child support in years, and, of course, her children were in need. They’re in high school now, and there are a lot of expenses that come along with that. She needed help trying to collect that child support obligation. We were able to file a contempt action, which is normally the course that you would go to get your back child support paid and collect on those funds. We were able to file that contempt, get access to their current employer records that showed us how much he was making at that time, and we were able to set up a payment plan and get that arranged with the trial judge so that she could start getting those arrearages collected. She was also able to modify the child support obligation to match their current incomes and be collecting that arrearage as it went along.

If you have any questions about past child support obligations that maybe someone is not paying you, or maybe you owe past child support and you need to set up a payment plan to make sure that your children are taken care of, just call our office and we can set you an appointment to come in and speak with me about what we can do with your particular case.

Are you or a loved one in the process of a divorce in Statesboro, Springfield, or Swainsboro and have questions about collecting back child support in Georgia? Contact the experienced Georgia divorce attorneys at Hall & Navarro today for a consultation and case evaluation.

We can help get your life back on track.

Like Us on Facebook