Hall & Navarro, with offices in Statesboro, Springfield, and Swainsboro, is looking for a superstar Legal Assistant… a team player who is a quick learner with strong administrative skills, computer savvy and wants to excel in work supporting our Firm’s Partners. If you are looking for a fast-paced and positive team environment with professional growth potential, then look no further.
This important position involves critical administrative duties related to direct attorney support. The firm is on track for aggressive growth, and we are looking for a Legal Assistant who can hit the ground running. Skills and experience are appreciated and valued, and certainly considered, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations. High-maintenance, humorless, self-entitled, or self-important individuals will not succeed in this position and need not apply.
The basic duties of the position are:
- Scheduling and ensuring Attorneys’ and Firm calendars are up-to-date and organized.
- Calendaring deadlines & sending reminders.
- Managing the firm’s case-related data and documents.
- Organizing case files.
- Editing and e-filing case documents (petitions, motions, etc.).
- Making copies/scanning documents.
- Entering attorney time into the CMS.
This is a key position in the firm. It is a full-time job, so you MUST be available to work 36 hours per week.
- Customer service experience, legal experience and experience working in an office in a clerical/secretarial role is required.
- You will be working on many tasks and cases concurrently, over long periods of time. We expect you to keep track of key dates, keep the right people informed, and prioritize your time so that we never miss a deadline.
- You embrace technology and have strong practical experience with cloud-based platforms for case management, document management, CRM, calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- You have extensive practical experience with common office applications (Word, Outlook email & calendar, Google, etc.)
- You must have excellent spelling and grammar.
- You have a penchant for accuracy and attention to detail and will work tirelessly to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients (and us) dearly.
- You MUST be a positive person. If your middle name is “Drama,” you will not be successful here.
- You should treat a client, case, or task at noon on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning at 9:00 am.
This position offers a respectful team culture, opportunities for professional development, a competitive salary, opportunities for performance-based increases, plus benefits.
DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
If you cannot follow these basic directions, or if you contact us in a manner that leads us to believe you did not actually read this ad in its entirely, you will not hear back from us. We expect you to value our time by following directions and paying attention to detail.
Apply by email. Do NOT apply directly to this job posting. Email your resume’ and a cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), dash, and one word that you would use to describe yourself (lower case) [For example: SMITH-compassionate]. Your cover letter should include the following information:
- Why you are the team member we are looking for?
- What are your 3-year personal and professional goals?
A link to your LinkedIn or other social media pa